August 16, 2009

"Spontaneous kindness is to hipsters as high beams are to deer."

In other related news, yesterday when I was at the store wearing flannel and moccasins and buying veggieburgers, I got hit on by a guy with dreadlocks. We talked about Fleet Foxes.

I don't know if you've gathered this, but I usually like the type of guy who looks like he should be conservative just because his dad is, but he really isn't (please see: nonexistent*). Many experts cite this tendency to explain my chronic case of singleness.

But this episode? The dreadlocks alone make me so much more hardcore. Victory.

(Please stay tuned for a long, politically charged account of NPR listening and paragraphs about how Morning Edition and I are in a fight next time. When I am not falling asleep over Questionable Content)

* Much like you all, blog readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment