October 27, 2009

a centered image! gasp!

During an incredibly delirious and strange night last week I was up very late studying for an Arabic test, and blogger decided to do this thing where it did not allow me to post an entry even when I most wanted to procrastinate. But never fear, Microsoft Word is here! So now, a weekend and a couple more sleepless nights later (my sleep schedule has officially gone to shit, in case you're wondering), I give you Clare's incoherent middle-of-the-night lists-about-music:

Top Five Favorite Disney Songs

5) JUST AROUND THE RIVERBEND - Pocahontas
I totally bought into the alternative age where liking things that other people don't appreciate enough is in. vogue. Therefore, I am an indie pop snob and I don't like the title song from Disney movies. I like the COOL, ALTERNATIVE one.


4) A GIRL WORTH FIGHTING FOR - Mulan
Please see above. I also like that this song never really ends. It's so abstract. *SNOBALLOVERYOU*


3) OUT THERE- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
I also have to like all the Disney movies that my friends hate. Who DOESN'T get a kick out of genocide and psychotic religious leaders? But really? Phoebus is just so hot right now.


2) I WON'T SAY I'M IN LOVE - Hercules
Theme song to so many of my high school crushes. So lame? Or so RAVEN?


1) I'LL MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOU - Mulan
Because Mulan is the shit. She is a badass girl who can still fight even when she puts on a dress. Also this song is epic -- you should see my car dance that goes along with it. My best friend and I BREAK IT DOWN.

Top Five Favorite Songs Right Now
(order is for n00bs)


YOUR PROTECTOR - Fleet Foxes
Everyone gives mad propz to White Winter Hymnal but this has a really good, wide melody.


DYING IS FINE - Ra Ra Riot
They are tight live. I am trying to sound cool by saying that.


THIS CHARMING MAN - the Smiths
I would go out tonight but I haven't got a stitch to wear.


BASIC SPACE - The xx
I rip off the music taste of one of the music directors at my school's radio station. But this is a really good song...


LOVE WILL TEAR US APART - Joy Division
I just saw the movie about Ian Curtis. He was not a happy guy. But the movie about him was pretty good. And Joy Division is the shit.

(Addendum: I have since become wildly obsessed with the Wombats, so their song Let's Dance to Joy Division gets a huge honorable mention, mostly because I couldn't figure out which original member of the list to kick out)


Top Five Favorite Songs Ever


PINK FLOYD - Wish You Were Here


(hang in there for this video -- such a good episode) [real video]
TELL HER THIS - Del Amitri


I WILL FOLLOW YOU INTO THE DARK - Death Cab for Cutie


DON'T STOP ME - Queen
The description on this video says that this song was apparently voted the best driving song ever? AND I WOULD JUST LIKE TO VOICE MY WHOLEHEARTED SUPPORT OF THIS DECISION.


CHRISTMAS SONG - Dave Matthews Band
I know, Dave Matthews? But no joke, this is the best sleeping song ever written.


As a taste of how out of it I actually was when I wrote these lists:
"Leave it to BEAVER why don't we!? It's the day before (or day of, now... IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN DUN NUH NUH NUH NUUUUH) the apocalypse aka the day I have a huge Arabic test as well as a test in Astronomy that I have done approximately none of the reading for. And LEAVE it to BEAVER! Blogspot is giving me sass! So I am typing this into Microsoft Word, and based on its level of coherency so far I will regret posting it at a later date."

No comments:

Post a Comment